Remote Messages is a feature rich browser based front-end for the iOS Messages application.
– SMS and iMessage support.
– File attachments (with no limitations on file types).
– Native iOS media thumbnails.
– Full iOS 6 Emoji support.
– Real-time status notifications.
– Uses the Contacts database for creating new conversations.
– Significantly more responsive than the native Messages application.
– Runs as a background service with a small memory footprint.
– Complete iOS 5 support (Official iOS 6 support coming soon).
– Built and optimised for the iPhone 3GS. Also supports iPhone 4, 4S and similar (iPhone 5 support coming once it has been jailbroken).
– Built and optimised for Google Chrome. Also supports Firefox (latest) and Internet Explorer 9+.
1) Install Remote Messages from Cydia.
2) Before starting, be sure to respring your device if Cydia has not done so already.
3) Navigate to “Remote Messages” within Settings.
4) Set the username and password you wish to use for authentication.
5) Slide the toggle to start the server. Please allow 10 seconds or so for it to finish starting up.
6) Now you can access Remote Messages via your device’s IP address and chosen port.