MewSeek is a an application for live streaming and fast music downloading on the iPhone, iPhone 3G and iPod Touch (1G and 2G). It lets you search and download music at an amazing speed, using either your 3G or Wi Fi connection (Edge is also supported). It also has the ability to add your downloaded music into your iPhone / iPod Touch music library, enabling you to instantly listen to it from the default music player without iTunes any computer required!
– Only maximum of 10 songs can be added to music library using the “add to iPod” feature.
– After this limit is reached you have to register or you can just keep downloading songs and listen to them on your preferred third-party music player.
– Daily limit for using the SkreemR search service (maximum 10 searches/day)
– IP limit for using the SkreemR search service (maximum 25 searches/IP)
– Auto-ReSync, to have all music downloaded back in your iPod library after an iTunes sync automatically (which would otherwise wipe it), thus removing the need to manually hit the ‘ReSync’ button on MewSeek, which proved that not so many users are aware of it.
– Artwork support when adding songs to iPod.
– iPad-ready, improved UI (using its full resolution)
– MewSeek may randomly crash unexpectedly after hitting ‘Cleanup’ on the Downloads screen.
– Downloads with same filename get duplicated in the downloads screen, but only one file exists. Not very likely to happen tho.
– Audio streaming stops with failure frequently on not-so-fast internet connections, even with already downloaded files. No biggie considering Audio streaming is meant for previewing songs, since the idea is to add them to your iPod library later. – Prostopleer engine sometimes duplicates search results.
– There is a weird freeze happening randomly on iPads after adding music to the library. iPad will respiring after this, but downloaded songs are safe and will appear on your library.
– Some URLs get unproperly parsed and you get a “Invalid URL” error when trying to download that song. It’s a server side bug I’m looking forward to fix soon.
– No navigation in ‘Home’ tab may cause some unhappiness on users that want to browse my twitter from there