Jailbreak iOS 6 and install Cydia
Here it`s a step-by-step tutorial on how to Jailbreak iOS6 and install Cydia on iOS 6
redsn0w 0.9.13 dev 4 makes tethered jailbreak only for:
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4
- iPod Touch 4G
How to jailbreak iOS 6
- Download redsnow 0.9.13 dev 4 from here
- Download iOS 6 for your device from here
- Connect your device to your MAC/PC. In windows, browse to the folder you downloaded redsnow, right click on .exe file, select properties and then compatibility – check Run this program in compatibility mode and then Select Windows XP – view screenshot 1 | view screenshot 2
On mac, press Extras button, then select IPSW and select the iOS ipsw and then press next.
- After you select the right IPSW file for your device, press Back to come back at main menu.
- You need to put your phone in DFU Mode now. Close your phone, then press Jailbreak, install SSH and Next. Redsnow will show you how to put your phone in DFU mode.
- You should now have a jailbroken iPhone if all went good. Your terminal has tethered jailbreak, which means you still need to make some steps…
- Put your phone in DFU mode again
- If you did not closed redsnow already, press back and come to Jailbreak & Extras menu. If you already closed redsnow, start it again as mentioned before and load the ispw for iOS 6.
- Press Just boot in Extras menu and redsnow should start your iPhone in tethered mode.
How to install Cydia
- On your device, go to Settins – Wi-Fi and click the arrow next to your Wi-Fi network. Find your IP address and using WinSCP/Terminal connect to your device from a Computer/Mac
- Insert “alpine” password in order to connect to your device.
- Once you are logged, please run this command:
wget -q -O /tmp/cyinstall.sh http://wyndrepo.googlecode.com/files/cyinstall.sh && chmod 755 /tmp/cyinstall.sh && /tmp/cyinstall.sh
- Cydia should now be installed