About this jailbreak tool
- iH8Sn0w released Sn0wbreeze v2.9.8 with support for Jailbreaking A4 iOS devices Untethered running iOS 6.0, iOS 6.0.1 or iOS 6.1.
- Sn0wbreeze does not support A5+ devices like the iPhone 5 because sadly, there is no low-level exploit available.
- Sn0wbreeze creates a custom firmware file that must be restored to your device using iTunes. Using sn0wbreeze is a must for users that want to keep their baseband version intact.
- Sn0wbreeze v2.9.8 also brings about Hacktivation fixes for the iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS running iOS 6.x.
- If you are using Windows 8, this should workaround with you.
Jailbreak your device using sn0wbreeze 2.9.8
- Download sn0wbreeze 2.9.8 using our Jailbreak Programs Tool (right side).
- Extract it on your desktop and then launch it as administrator.
- Read the info (if you really want to) and then click the OK button.
- Download your iOS version compatible with your device using our iOS Versions Tools (right side) and then load it to sn0wbreeze
- Next step will bring you 4 modes to choose from: iFaith Mode (create a custom ipsw file using saved SHSH blobs); Simple mode (create a custom ipsw without selecting customization options); Expert mode (create a custom ispw customizing options); Baseband Preservation Mode (this is useful when you wish to upgrade to the latest firmware without updating your baseband and jailbreaking your device). Sn0wbreeze will never update your device baseband regardless of which mode you choose afterall. Select the options as you need it, but in this jailbreak tutorial we will pick Expert mode.
- Click the general button and select your options. You can Enable battery percentage, Hacktivate your device, Install SSH or Root Partition size. Please select the options you wish to apply and then click the blue arrow.
- If you want to install cydia tweaks, this is the place to. Add them and after you are ready, please the blue arrow to continue. Now press build ipsw
- After sn0wbreeze created the custom iPSW file you need to put your device into DFU mode. To start, click the OK button and follow on-screen options.
- iTunes should launch and will sn0wbreeze will say that iReb is runnning and that you can go back to iTunes ro restore (use shift+click on restore button). Browser to the custom IPSW file and restore your device.
Congratulations, you have jailbroken your device!